Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed to SkySports that Liverpool are unlikely to make any further signings before the January transfer window closes next Wednesday.
The Anfield club captured Southampton’s defender Virgil van Dyck in a 75 million deal at the start of the month, and this week added Falkirk left-back Tony Gallacher for £200,000. However, Klopp has now said it is “not really likely” that Liverpool will be making further additions to their squad this month.
In terms of departures, the club have already seen the high profile move of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, whilst a number of fringe players have been sent out on loan. Meanwhile, striker Daniel Sturridge continues to be linked with a loan move to Inter Milan, whilst the fate of fellow forward Danny Ings appears to be uncertain.
West Bromwich Albion manager Alan Pardew expressed an interest in Ings earlier this month, and West Ham, Stoke and Newcastle are all said to be ready to take the striker on loan for the rest of the season. However, Klopp when asked, was coy on these links saying” Maybe if Danny could go somewhere where he could start the next 20 games would it be perfect for him? I’m not sure. Of course, it wouldn’t be bad to have the opportunity to start a few more games.”